TerraMUDX [tMUX] User Community Forum Index

<  Game Play  ~  Simplemu issues in windowns 7

Swampy
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 22 Dec 2007 Posts: 247
running simplemu in windows 7 seems to be causes some trouble on a couple of computers, is anyone else having this issue?

and can anyone recommend a work around/an alternate mud client?

thanks

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:18 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 220 Location: ...somewhere outside the asylum
on my w7 laptop I installed it OUTSIDE of the program files location (seems w7 is very protective of that folder), can be installed anywhere - maybe in your documents folder?

I also did the COMPATIBILITY trick with the simpleMU.exe (r-click, compatibility) and think I chose w95 or similar as it's compatibility mode

give it a try

Conan
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:10 am Reply with quote
Explorer Joined: 14 Aug 2010 Posts: 15 Location: Pitch Black Darkness
The installation seems to be causing problems for me, as even after doing what wonko has suggested, the simfull.exe installation file does nothing and then returns a message saying that it has stopped responding and then quits.

However, simpleMU appears to be perfectly runnable on Windows 7 without any issues what-so-ever. If you can't get it to install, run the installer on another computer that uses Vista/XP or an earlier version of Windows. After that just throw all the files onto a USB and then copy paste those files onto your PC that is running Windows 7.

Alternatively, you can just get someone who already has SimpleMU installed to send you every file inside of a zipped folder via email. That works perfectly also.