TerraMUDX [tMUX] User Community Forum Index

<  Game Play  ~  nooooooooooobs

Whybsie
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Explorer Joined: 08 Dec 2007 Posts: 4
noobs asking for help, whats with that ? Of course everyone gives a little to help to everyone but please noobs stop asking for strong weapons and good potions or items of interest, it gets really old really fast.

Now anyone who agrees or disagrees with me post or reply and ill talk to u on the mudx about what u think isn't annoying about noobs.... and to everyone if u find at least 10 un-annoying things annoying about noobs ill give u a bit of cash, i think its worth the effort. Arrow

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 305 Location: In my fishtank
i was against new players once (oh god that cant be good) and then i realised... i was one once too, cut new players some slack, because its hard starting out in a new mud environment... take the competition challenge, it will make you think twice about not giving help to a player

and drarkelf, you sometimes ask me for weapons etc, so you cant really talk (i cant either Sad )

and of course the old phrase comes back... if you cant get it on your own, its not meant for you

1: a fresh take on gameplay... new strategies
2: another person to help
3: another person to help you
4: fresh pkill meat
5: more articles in the forum
6: another entrant in the terrawar
7: you can see them learn as they get more experienced (makes me so proud)
8: when they get good you can learn something from them
9: questions that make you go," i really dont know, ill ask wonko for the answer)
10: quite possibly a new friend

i rest my case
mamba
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 114 Location: the real world
I think people should give others a break. I know that there are some people who just pester until they get what they want, but that is no excuse to ignore or dislike quite a large group based on the minority. And besides, how do you label a 'noob' anyway? In a game that's constantly changing, with new things being put in and changed, i don't think anyone has the right to call themselves a 'pro' at this game. I certainly don't know everything, and i know i never will. Same with many other players.

Even more, this isn't a single player game. Grouping with other, doesn't matter if they're new, i've found is always more fun for both players, and both pick up little things along the way. In saying that, people should learn that if they receive help from someone, they shouldn't just automatically expect to be helped whenever they're online. Sometimes people are busy with something, if so they'll politely respond, and not wanting to be continuously flashed with "group with me" or "help me kill X". Just common courtesy.

Just my $0.02
Swampy
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 22 Dec 2007 Posts: 247
hmm, i'd have to echo the sentiments of both mazil and tinpan here. Ultimately, yes, some noobs are annoying, but the bottom line is we all started at the bottom and we should try and remeber that. Usually if asked politly i will try and help new players with any problems they might be having, and i think that in order for a mud to succeded it has to encourage new users to enter it's world.

That said i have lost my temper with a couple from time to time, but with patience they can outgrow the noob whining phase and become a valued member of the community, if of course they don't piss everyone off to much to start with.