TerraMUDX [tMUX] User Community Forum Index

<  Bugs and fixlist  ~  armour

hungryobento
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Contributor Joined: 05 Dec 2007 Posts: 20 Location: back at school, but this time ive joined the dark side...
i've noticed that when playing a mage if you type "wear all" particular items such as fibreglass or steel are ignored and not put on. You can still put them on manually tho. A strange little one this is
wonko
Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 220 Location: ...somewhere outside the asylum
As the code stands, Mages and Monks are prevented from "wear all"ing items with an AC or 5 or more, which includes aluminium, fibreglass and above. You are not prevented from equipping items individually however.

Further, Mages and Monks are prevented from equipping items with an AC of 7+ even individually.

These classes are seen to have many ADVANTAGES, the code attempts to redress this balance with a few inconveniences ... discuss.

Mazil
Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 305 Location: In my fishtank
this is fair enough in my opinion for monks, as they naturally develop a low AC as they progress. Mages would have the restriction due to their high spellcasting capabilities, they can avoid harm through stunning, or healing etc.