TerraMUDX [tMUX] User Community Forum Index

<  Places of Interest  ~  Barc Stage 2: A player review

Swampy
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 22 Dec 2007 Posts: 247
So i was thinking that before i went about updating my places to go guide, i would like to get some input from the player base as to their thoughts so far on barc stage 2. (Without spoiling)

Personally my initial impressions have been positive. The relatively straightforward (compared to the boatshed at least) layout of this area is engaging and should have most players feeling right at home after wandering through a couple of times. That said there are still the same tricky quests we have come to expect. There seems to be a lot of depth here, for those who are prepared to search for it. The monsters selection seems fairly balanced, both on the alignment scale and in terms of difficulty and abilities. However it's isolation from the rest of tmux is a minor annoyance, but decent facilites are available there and players can sustain long hauls in it's isolation. The puzzles seem to be more subtle than previous ones, but never the less intruiging. So far imho a good area, but one that players can become easily frustrated with, much the same as barc stage 1.
Thoughts anyone?

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 305 Location: In my fishtank
I thoroughly dislike the amount of monsters that attack you when you try talking to them. But I have been told they add to the challenge of the area, so fair enough, and it does fit the theme for those particular monsters.

How would I rate it? Another top quality area, I do enjoy seeing the narrative of areas develop over time. Good work and well done to wonko.
Ferni
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 05 Dec 2007 Posts: 230
I wonder if in future stages of the barc, people become more aware that you are an outsider and that there is in fact a way out. I know a few talkers point out the fact that you got in here some how. Will that fact play a more major role?
wonko
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 220 Location: ...somewhere outside the asylum
there are ways out and they link to a new area/tribe as part of teh "great gridlock" providing an ecosystem in burnt out cars along water street