TerraMUDX [tMUX] User Community Forum Index

<  Places of Interest  ~  terraWAR cage

wonko
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:59 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 220 Location: ...somewhere outside the asylum
I have had people ask me how that area is wired. It is flagged differently to other rooms in the MUD in that if you get defeated there, you do not drop your weapon or lose XP or proficiencies.

Above is it's map (my normal mapping convention is NORTH is UP, south down, west is left and so on) - interestingly, when I designed the commune I reversed this convention by accident and realised my error waaay to late int he building process ... bugger ... notice the way you enter varies slightly to the way you imagine as the "death room" is the triage centre.

Ferni
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 05 Dec 2007 Posts: 230
we need to spice up the cage a bit so the competition is more lively. there are 9 rooms to fight in so divide the cage into four categorys, wind, earth, water and fire. with two rooms flagged with the same realm and have the odd room as a normal room. maybe you could throw some traps in too Wink
Mazil
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 305 Location: In my fishtank
i like that idea,
4 rooms that are realm flagged... but at the same time, doing room damage to you (put in a very fast tick rate and you have a very interesting battle)

but thats only benefitting the casting side... what about normal combat?, maybe one room could be super slow, and another super fast combat

a nightmare if it wasn't a risk free place

Earth experimental room of terrawar cage

You enter the northeastern corner of the terrawar combat cage, feet and clothes, drenched in bloodstains. in the far corner you notice a large wall of rocks, ominously coming towards you (or are they growing?). The rocks are poorly secured and you could swear that they were trying to kill you if it weren't for the other fighters around you doing the same

Obvious exits: south, southwest, east
Here with you is Mrsmitty
You can also see: An Experimental Room bilboard
Ferni
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 05 Dec 2007 Posts: 230
something else you might like to change wonko, is the level cap on terrawars. i thought it was level 15 and above but when ferlin won one deathsword competed at level 15. im not dobbing because im sure you were aware of this. my point is that you should get rid of that level cap. bruce said in the player opinion section that he should be able to go in the terrawar and win and get on with it. but it that doesnt mean you have to kill someone as powerful as bruce to win. its not who you kill, but how many you kill that counts. i could win a terrawar with fernithethird and be totally smashed by bruce but still get more kills than him because its a competition of skill and not power. im not saying that bruce is more or less skillful than i am. just that power helps a bit but its mostly how you use it.

PS. i think its above level 15, not level 15 and up but you get my point.
Mazil
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 305 Location: In my fishtank
I completely agree, in all the confusion of a terrawar, its the last hit that matters, and that takes skill to achieve,

and if bruce and swampy consecutively win, then amen, its over and done with, and they cant win again

terrawars are fun, and nobody should have to go out of their way (through making another character) to enter