TerraMUDX [tMUX] User Community Forum Index

<  Game Play  ~  Littering

Ferni
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quote
Member Joined: 05 Dec 2007 Posts: 230
Littering is a common problem in the tmux community. Especially when the items that are left lying around result in spoiling. How to fix this? Well i have just made a character for the sole purpose of picking up rubbish. The benefits are actually worth while. People leave a goldmine of stuff lying around everywhere. This is just one solution to the problem that I have found, but there are still others and perhaps they're easier. Maybe Wonko, you should change the coding so that you can put unwanted loot thats on the ground straight into a container such as a sports bag. Maybe something like: 'Get (loot) (container)'. And make a rubbish bag that players can put their unwanted loot in, because most players, and me too, cant be stuffed searching their colossus inventories for stuff to recycle. This way no rubbish is left lying around and no spoils are lost.

Ill be posting more tips on solving this problem as they come to light.
wonko
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 220 Location: ...somewhere outside the asylum
GOOD FORM is tidying up after yourself. Not only is that a good life lesson but also a valuable MUD life lesson.

Do NOT leave piles of gear lying around. The grandstands, for instance, have RUBBISH BINS nearby for you to JUNK items if you cannot be bothered to recycle or pawn items - use them please.