TerraMUDX [tMUX] User Community Forum Index

<  Is there a DM on?  ~  Some mechanics...

mamba
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 114 Location: the real world
Curious, what damages armor?
Obviously being hit does, and i'm pretty sure being circled also damages armor. But what about if you get casted on by a monster? Same with pkills, does the damage taken from being hit by other players also damage armor? Also room damage. Does falling blocks/ being smothered by earth/ heat damage armor?

Also, what is the difference between weapons having +1 +2 or +3? I've heard it adds the + damage to a hit, but i'm not convinced. If thats the case, how come alchemist's enchant don't seem to have an effect on damage? It seems that alchemist's enchant is only useful for enchanting some weapons so they can hit magical monsters.

Aussi mes copains, how does track work? Does it pick up a set trail ie for the level 7 leveling item for druids/ranger, or does it pick up the directions taken by the last person in the room?
Ferni
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote
Member Joined: 05 Dec 2007 Posts: 230
circling damages armor. im not sure about the enchanting, the most noticeable effect of enchanting is the duration of the item.

PS. ok, i got it, thanks krew. Its 'also my friends.'

Last edited by Ferni on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
wonko
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 220 Location: ...somewhere outside the asylum
TRACK is a curious and wonderful thing - the last player through a room leaves their "track" that is what exit they left from, but a room can also be set up to have permanent tracks in it.

When you track, you pick up BOTH the temporary presence of the last player and any permanent tracks forged in the room. The Druid tracks are permanent tracks.

When building rooms and permanently placing tracks, the room editor is so primitive that actually making the tracks stick is fairly torturous, unfortunately.

Ferni
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quote
Member Joined: 05 Dec 2007 Posts: 230
is it so torturous that theres not a set quest that involves track yet? i think the ranger leveling ones have track but its simple. and when you say that the druid tracks are permanent tracks, does that mean that only druids can find the permanent ones?
wonko
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 220 Location: ...somewhere outside the asylum
none ... yet; some on the drawing board however