TerraMUDX [tMUX] User Community Forum Index

<  Is there a DM on?  ~  Pawn (selling) value for Objects

Mazil
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 305 Location: In my fishtank
What determines the value you get, is this fixed, and modified by allignment?, or am i completely wrong?
wonko
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:24 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 220 Location: ...somewhere outside the asylum
When you sell an object, you get 1/4 of it's stated value. All objects have a defined value, some have a value so low that the shop room determines that the return would be lower than the recycle value and refuses to buy it from you.

The return value is completely independent of any stats, luck, what you are wearing or alignment or how you hold your mouth at the time of attempted sale.

The _only_ modifier may be membership of the Southside Mob Alliance.

Mazil
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 305 Location: In my fishtank
but why do i get the feeling i have been told that being neutral (unless paladin) will get you the best sale value

and of course the mouth trick works! one tenon saw was worth $3700, and then i gasped and got $4000 on the next
wonko
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 220 Location: ...somewhere outside the asylum
oops - thx, amended answer, you are quite correct...

[reminds himself to check his own code first]
the return on sale is modified by your LUCK also, if you are lucky you get the full 1/4 value, less lucky (through misalignment - too good/evil) and you get a proportion.
[/reminder]

Some things cannot be sold because they attract a "poor quality" flag - these include items that _are_ poor quality, too cheap and things like keys and items that are not designed to be sold, or whose "shots" have been dropped to less than 1/8 their pristine shots - so a good plan to sell stuff BEFORE it breaks.

A reminder that _everything_ has been added to TMUX - there are NO remnants from the old world, so EVERY object was created deliberately and purposefully, many have multiple purposes [the trade-map, for example, resembles a spiders web]

pressenter
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote
Explorer Joined: 19 Jul 2008 Posts: 12 Location: In your head, stealing your smarts...
Sorry, but is there an easier way to find the value for an item than go to the pawn shop Question Wink