TerraMUDX [tMUX] User Community Forum Index

<  Game Play  ~  Uptime

Swampy
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 22 Dec 2007 Posts: 247
Ok, so here i was thinking, tmux is more fun the more people who are online at once. To that end i was was wondering if people would be interested in organising regular times throughout the week which everyone would try and get online for. Friday afternoons used to be heaps of fun with 6 players + running around. I know that dosn't sound like a lot, but it's nice not to just have 2 names on the who list. Just a thought, let me know what you think. For me wednesday afternoons friday afternoons are usually mud sessions for me.
wonko
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 220 Location: ...somewhere outside the asylum
I am happ to organise events if there are lots of players on - could be a fugi/treasure hunt, terrawar or other, lemme know if there is support for the idea (ooh, and btw, I am thinking of re-coding the clairvoyance spell so it can NOT be used on fugitives ... sound fair or not?)

Ferni
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote
Member Joined: 05 Dec 2007 Posts: 230
fugitives deserve to die Very Happy so we should be able to use any means possible to kill them.
mamba
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 114 Location: the real world
I don't think I've ever even seen a fugitive, or am i just on at the wrong times?
Swampy
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
perhaps simply change it so that dm fugitive's ie blixa can not be clairvoyanced? After all fugitives do deserve to die Smile This will aslo allow us to have fugitive hunts without players simply clairvoyancing to see where to go.
Mazil
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 305 Location: In my fishtank
id rather something... err well, TEAM orientated, because, contests, although good, don't cut it in terms of bringing players back imo. perhaps every friday arvo... we could have a team event, trying to solve the problem / fight the ridiculously overpowered monster. I really liked the concept of bruce leading us all in to fight the ocelot. But the reward for the effort was like... yawn. Perhaps if the participants fight and win, we all get the same prize.
Swampy
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Frankly i'm good with whatever, competition, terrawars, fugitive hunts, big cat fights, treasure hunts, clown parties, all fun all should encourage participation.
Swampy
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:16 am Reply with quote
If people would like to post their ideas, i will then run a poll and we can vote on which one we would like. So far i can think of:
terrawars
fugitive hunt
martial law
ocelot hunt
treasure hunt
invasion
anything else?
Mazil
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quote
unless we make up a new one.. thats got it covered
mamba
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 114 Location: the real world
I personally like the cat hunts the best. I thought they were the most fun global events. Although i wasn't around for the 1st cat, i wouldn't mind getting little or no exp for it, although I'd imagine newer and lower level players would want some reward for killing the puddy cat.
Mazil
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote
well, the reward seems only fair for spending 15 mins attacking the same monster... that first battle was epic... and 1 exp was kinda well... insulting
Swampy
Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
lol, damn cats. I would agree that cat hunts are cetrainly one of the more enjoyable global events. To me exp rewards are negligble, but i think a higher reward would encourage more players, especially newer players to participate. Though rewards should probs be limited to exp, would be to hard to try and seperate gold and items between such a large group of players.