TerraMUDX [tMUX] User Community Forum Index

<  Game Play  ~  How do tmux monsters stack up against other muds?

Swampy
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Member Joined: 22 Dec 2007 Posts: 247
I am curious as to how the monsters in tmux measure up against other monsters of equivilant level in other muds. I do not have a wide experience of playing other muds out side of terramud and i would be interested to know whether a lvl 16 monster here tends to be easier, harder or about the same as equivilant leveled monsters elsewhere.
Anyone?

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:08 am Reply with quote
Member Joined: 02 Dec 2007 Posts: 305 Location: In my fishtank
Hey Swampy, long time no see.

Now I haven't been playing either Isengard nor Tmux for a while now, but I can give a few opinions and speculations.

From my playing days of isengard, I would have said a few things:

The monsters ARE harder. You get less exp for killing things with higher HP. Leveling exp requirements are also harder. But it's also important to note that characters are a lot more powerful. Extra skills are handed out to every class every three levels. Skills are not "eye lazor quality" but by all means, they are actually necessary to take down some monsters. The powerful remort comand, where you restart as a new class with all of your previous skills... allows players to attain even more power. Also important to note, spells never fail (ever), regardless of your INT.

Tmux, however has a great deal of quality invested into its quests. This is what makes this quite a different breed of mud. Quests in isengard are easy, NPC's openly give you directions in their talk files. Which is actually quite disappointing. Tmux is unique in that a single player can form a party. A classic barb-mage or fighter-mage combo here is practically invulnerable if they do it correctly. But over in Isen, that's not always true for a 2 man team.

I have to go, but hopefully my opinions have given some insight.
Swampy
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:22 am Reply with quote
Member Joined: 22 Dec 2007 Posts: 247
Thanks for the reply man, nice to get some perspective on what else is out there.