TerraMUDX [tMUX] User Community Forum Index

<  Future Imperfect Explained  ~  Mutants?

blixa
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Explorer Joined: 04 Dec 2007 Posts: 8 Location: Wherever my master places me.
there seems to be references to mutation...

Any biologist will tell you that mutation is the basis of evolution - differences occur when cells divide and almost, but entirely fail to completely do it properly, making change. Over time, mutation is one engine that brings about gradual changes in a species.

Any nuclear scientist will tell you that a certain amount of mutation is an inevitable consequence of exposure to non-lethal doses of radiation. they are more vague about what constitutes a "lethal" dose of radiation, post ozone layer loss and post apocalypse "safe" is not something actively discussed.

That the tmux republican government now actively debate "mutant rights" in the house and that there have been (relatively) few deaths in parliament directly attributable to the vigorousness of the debate would indicate this is an emerging focus for an increasingly bewildered administrative body. Little wonder they instantly ratified almost random periods of "martial law", in the hope that the "problem" would just go away.

... beware, there be mutants.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Explorer Joined: 04 Dec 2007 Posts: 8 Location: Wherever my master places me.
Mutants can be found in places that sort of make sense for the mutation to occur. If hunting mutants, expect a varied and unpredictable battle (ouch, that's gunna leave a stain)

Look in science laboratories, in the sewers and swamps - often times the thing they mutated from is still evident (at least in remnant) in the character description or the way they arrive.

Mutants were people too! (well, some of them, kinda sorta)